Discussions on life after your bankruptcy discharge.

Moderators: TalbotWoods, JaneClack

By habibibaby
#83543 Hi Folks,

I was Discharged in April this year, but due to job changes and various other time consuming events, I have only just got round to checking my credit files and Experian is the first. I haven't requested my official Discharge Certificate yet either, but am going to do this in a few weeks.

Strangely, my bankruptcy does not show in the "court actions" section of the report, nor anywhere else on the report?? Is this correct? Or have I had a lucky "omission"?

Out of 8 creditors, five have marked me in default - two of which are entered 7 months after declaring myself bankrupt!!

My Capital One card (yes, I managed to secure one post-bankruptcy) and all current accounts and Telewest are all clean as a whistle...so I am building up some good data, bit by bit! Despite informing Alliance & Leceister I was bankrupt they omitted to close the account and it is still in use - I have a debit card and an overdraft, both invaluable!

So....where do I begin??? Obviously I need my Discharge Certificate..or do I...if my bankruptcy isn't showing on the report??

Cheers for your help in advance.

Habibi :)
By Mel_Odious
#83616 Have no idea why your BO is not showing. Have you changed your address recently? I had an almost completely bare report from Experian but only because they had my address slightly wrong. You can pay £60 for a scrap of paper with a rubber stamp on if you wish but I never bothered. If you are on benefits, you don't pay.

Mel
BySonic
#83661 Hi habibibaby

I have something similar on mine....one of my files shows bankruptcy, the others do not.

Wierd or what?

S xxx
By Gaz-UK
Mel_Odious wrote:You can pay £60 for a scrap of paper with a rubber stamp on if you wish but I never bothered. If you are on benefits, you don't pay.

Mel

Thats odd Mel, I didnt have to pay, the discharge papers came in the post with a rubber court stamp on.

Guess i was lucky, Use this bit of paper all the time for updating CRF

Gaz
By Mel_Odious
Gaz-UK wrote:
Mel_Odious wrote:You can pay £60 for a scrap of paper with a rubber stamp on if you wish but I never bothered. If you are on benefits, you don't pay.

Mel

Thats odd Mel, I didnt have to pay, the discharge papers came in the post with a rubber court stamp on.

Guess i was lucky, Use this bit of paper all the time for updating CRF

Gaz

I didn't get nuffink!

Mel
By jonnie000
#83785 My bankruptcy doesn't show up on Equifax report (might be Experian can' remember now). But that's because they have recorded it under a slightly different address. I only found this out recently after using http://www.checkmyfile.co.uk and it showed a current (even though I was discharged) bankruptcy with this credit reference agency. I have since written to them to get it sorted and they say they have ammended my file. but I have requested an up to date credit file and they have ommitted anything related to my bankruptcy again, probably due to the slight difference in address ... again. But I had hoped in the beginning that it was an oversight on their part, but not to be I'm afraid.
By Mel_Odious
jonnie000 wrote:My bankruptcy doesn't show up on Equifax report (might be Experian can' remember now). But that's because they have recorded it under a slightly different address. I only found this out recently after using http://www.checkmyfile.co.uk and it showed a current (even though I was discharged) bankruptcy with this credit reference agency. I have since written to them to get it sorted and they say they have ammended my file. but I have requested an up to date credit file and they have ommitted anything related to my bankruptcy again, probably due to the slight difference in address ... again. But I had hoped in the beginning that it was an oversight on their part, but not to be I'm afraid.

I've got that with experian. After a lot of rucks, I am dealing with a woman from the "Directors' Office". She writes to me at my proper address. I can't sign up online because they want proof of my address as they have it slightly different on their records. I refuse point blank to send them proof and they won't let me sign up. In the meantime I am still corresponding with this woman in the DO!

Mel