Questions you have before making a decision to go Bankrupt and the Bankruptcy process

Moderators: TalbotWoods, JaneClack

Bygilly
#3216 I have just managed to get my debt probs nearly sorted out when I received a letter from a creditor from some time ago. This is the first time in about five years since I have heard anything from them. I still live at home so this is worrying me as I have already had the sherriff officers at my door once.
ByNicky
#3231 I think because you still live at the same address is will be something you may have to face. Creds have up to 6 years to take legal action on accounts from the last time you implyed you owed the money.

Some may just try to ignor it and not respond and hope no legal action is taken, however, it only takes a CCJ to bring it all back to life again. Are you able to offer this creditor a reduced payment of any kind?
Bygilly
#3448 I have found out that its about six years since I should have paid the debt off I cant find any of the info I have on the debt.
ByDavidc
gilly wrote:I have found out that its about six years since I should have paid the debt off I cant find any of the info I have on the debt.

Do nothing at the mooment..... just in case, as this is coming up to being statute barred.........think before you leap...
David
Bygilly
#3479 Thanks David will do