Issues and questions that come up during your bankruptcy period

Moderators: TalbotWoods, JaneClack

By js1
#31018 Could someone give me the benefit of their experience?
I want to make sure I don't forget any expenses to put on the list for when they work out an IPA. Does anyone out there have a good master list!?
By Mel_Odious
#31019 Outgoings
Fines
Other
Mortgage
Rent
Secured loan
Endowment
Life Assurance
House Insurance
Maintenance/CSA
Gas
Electricity
Water Rates
Telephone
Housekeeping
Childcare
Car Costs
Other Travel
TV (licence, cable, satellite etc)
Health Costs
Clothing and Shoes
Spending money
Extras
Contingency
Other

On top of this you could put pets, medical and dental and about £20 per head per month for holidays

Mel
By js1
#31038 I am married and therefort share living expenses with my wife. Am I suppose to just put down my share of the mortgage, electricity etc or the whole lot?
Also, do I include expenses such as her dental bills etc?
By Mel_Odious
js1 wrote:I am married and therefort share living expenses with my wife. Am I suppose to just put down my share of the mortgage, electricity etc or the whole lot?
Also, do I include expenses such as her dental bills etc?

If it is only yourself petitioning, put what amounts you contribute plus a separate amount for what she puts in. I think the OR may expect the wife to pay for her own dental work. If your surplus is less than £100pm you shouldn't get an IPA.

Mel
By js1
#31049 I'm currently enrolled on a course to do with my job which I am paying towards. Can I include this as an expense?
By JulieP
#31063 Hi JS1.

I too am on a course and included that expense as I have to complete it to do my job.

Julie