Welcome to the new Debt Questions forum. Feel free to say Hi and tell us a little about yourself.

Moderators: TalbotWoods, JaneClack

By CG
#147839 Hi everyone, Im a discharged bankrupt of 2 years, looking to rebuild my credit history, so expect lots of questions :D. currently suing Abbey for the return of my bank charges, then HSBC, then Barclaycard etc. etc..

Rgds.,

CG
By Dicharged01/07
CG wrote:Hi everyone, Im a discharged bankrupt of 2 years, looking to rebuild my credit history, so expect lots of questions :D. currently suing Abbey for the return of my bank charges, then HSBC, then Barclaycard etc. etc..

Rgds.,

CG

hello and welcome!

Were the people you are trying to sue included in your BR? If so, you may want to take a look at this!

http://www.debtquestions.co.uk/debt_for ... highlight=
By TalbotWoods
#147855 Hi CG

Forget the claim for charges as even if you won they would LEGALY belong to the OR and not you.

If you were to receive them through an error of the crditor and it came to light then the OR WOULD come after them, and if necesary suspend your discharge until he has obtianed the FULL amount paid to you!!

And if you are climing them back from a creditor in bankruptcy, then you can guarantee they WILL INFOMR the OR

Tim
By CG
#147870 Sorry to carry this on here, please relocate to a more appropriate form if necessary.

Abbey were not mentioned at all in my petition, but the HSBC current account was. So 2 things here:-

1) Am I ok with reclaiming from Abbey?

2) HSBC was incuded in the petition and all charges were incurred prior to BR so in terms of what I've understand of what I've read then anything I get back from them belongs to the OR?

3) HSBC was a joint account and only I went BR so does the OR only have claim on half the reclaimed charges?

Thx

CG
By TalbotWoods
#147933 Ok Lets look at this from a slightly differnt angle.

Any and ALL account pre bankruptcy belong to the OR irrespective of if declared or not, if the account existed BEFORE bankrutcy and you make a claim on it now then any money you get back is legally a PRE BANKRUPTCY ASSET and thus belongs to the OR.

I shall not go into the issue of the fact that ANY AND ALL acccounts held by you or have been held by you in the previous 2 years before bankrutcy should have been legaly declared!!

SO to your questions:

1. No - any money claimed from this will belong to the OR as a pre bankruptcy asset

2. Correct, again any money claimed from this will belong to the OR as a pre bankruptcy asset.

3. Sorry but no all debts are joint in a joint account, so again any money claimed from this will belong to the OR as a pre bankruptcy asset.

Tim