Debt Questions forum. General questions on debt issues.

Moderators: TalbotWoods, JaneClack

Bychandjay
#313983 THIS IS MY ONE THOUSANDTH POST, so I wanted to make it special.

I joined on 19th January 2007, and my life has changed beyond all recognition since then.
I got a lot of help and advice from the regulars who were on the site then, and I'd like to thank them.
Posters like :-
Big Dunc
Rameses
Onke (remember the dog)
Johnny 72
Sammy
Yogi Bear (A true star)
Red24
... and my all time favourite - MRS PLASTIC (aka Margaret).

There was also a man who was a solicitor(or something like) who came from Bolton - I can't remember his user name.

All the above gave me brilliant advice in the early days, which gave me confidence to face up to my creditors.

Then there are latter day posters who I have admired and taken notice of their advice.
Posters like :-
Simont23
Gazza1912
Nomlas
Royston
Duff & Custard (wow, has she got a way with words)
Wazza
Disneylover
Imogen (lovely to talk to)
.... and my Favourite - BUTTS (he always makes me laugh)

And then there is Sarah and Talbot Woods - These are the true stars of the site.

So to you all - and all the ones I've forgotten(sorry), can I say a great big heartfelt THANK YOU.

.... right !! that takes care of my thousandth post.
Roll on the bithousandth post, or is it the dualthousandth post, or the duothousandth post, or the doub...... oh, forget it.
ByTalbotWoods
#314003 Ha grovelling will get you everywhere, so now to reset Mr C to zero posts me thinks and don't laugh it can be done!

Congratulations on your 1000th post, remember the next one you make will mean we can compare you to that Carpet Shampoo

http://www.1001carpetcare.co.uk/index.p ... ts/shampoo

BTW that also makes you 18th biggest poster!

Tim
ByGazza1912
#314013 Thank you for mentioning me Chandjay. I'm glad some of my posts were of some assistance to you. And receiving a little mention like this one here makes taking the time to offer advice to others all the more worthwhile.

Unfortunately, I am still in debt and do not have a penny to my name, every penny of my pension and housing benefit is spent within days of receiving it and then I find myself struggling to get by until the next 'payday', but thanks to this website, and members like you Chandjay, I am no longer scared or intimidated by the bully boys out there who call themselves Debt Collection Agencies.

What number poster am I in the list Tim? Just out of curio :roll:
ByTalbotWoods
#314113 How can I put this Gazza, Hmmm not that you chat a lot, but eeeeem, 9th now equal with Nicky who was here before Sarah!!

Also my turn for a silly question Gazza, now you no longer have the house, have you not considered going bankrupt?? Would be a fast end to many of your troubles and tribulations (good word that innit)

Tim
ByGazza1912
TalbotWoods wrote:How can I put this Gazza, Hmmm not that you chat a lot, but eeeeem, 9th now equal with Nicky who was here before Sarah!!

Also my turn for a silly question Gazza, now you no longer have the house, have you not considered going bankrupt?? Would be a fast end to many of your troubles and tribulations (good word that innit)

Tim
9th place, my word, what an honor. Bankruptcy? Mmmmm, well, yes, I have been considering that as an option for several months now. But I still feel a little daunted by that prospect. But that said, I am not ruling it out as an answer to my own problems.

The thing is, what will I do with myself when the DCA letters and phone calls stop?....... :roll: :wink: :D
ByTalbotWoods
Gazza1912 wrote:The thing is, what will I do with myself when the DCA letters and phone calls stop?....... :roll: :wink: :D

Be able to have a life again!
Byroyston
#314433 Thank you for the name check chandjay.

I have to say that, when I first joined this community your posts were very informative for me and helped me a great deal in the early days.

royston.
ByDuffNCustard
Gazza1912 wrote:
The thing is, what will I do with myself when the DCA letters and phone calls stop?....... :roll: :wink: :D

How about stirring up the jobsworths in your local council? I promise you that there is some fine sport to be had and some fantastic weapons with which to ensure that you become the biggest pain in the @rse they havce ever encountered! Freedom of information act is great - puts the wind up their gussets a treat!

Its like shooting fish in a barrel. Mr Duff and i have took our local buffoons on and had our council tax reduced - that took two years but we ground them into submission, joined in with a local gang of similarly minded 'awkward squad' and stopped them buggering up the local street with a bus lane, stirred up the local police about nuisance parking (white van man parking on the pavements) and have demanded all sorts of info about council spending.

I've just started writing to the candidates for Police Kommisar regarding what they plan to do for me - now bearing in mind that we only see the odd 'hoodie' once in a blue moon staggering home in the wee small hours and get the odd member of the 'ton up club' boom box reverberating tear-@rsing down our road, I really don't see the need for a Kommisar (£80k+) to deal with anti social behaviour. Now I want to know what he intends to do about corruption and here we are back to the local council again - they blight the lives of the ordinary bod way more than blessed anti-social behaviour in our town!
ByDuffNCustard
chandjay wrote:THIS IS MY ONE THOUSANDTH POST, so I wanted to make it special..... .

December 2006 - The Duff Family finances go @arse over tip and Mr Duff turns off the heating to save money whilst I spend 16 hours loading up stuff on EBAY to scratch up some funds for Christmas. Mr Duff informs me that I need to find £10k before the end of January to keep the boat afloat. I say Oh Deary me and call the CCCS. Mr Duff stands vigil behind the lounge curtains, waiting and watching for the black maria that is going to cart me of to debtors jail. - I leave him there and brew up - two tea bags bugger the expense!

January 2007 and the DMP is set up, Mr Duff sucks in his cheeks hard (both ends) and waits behind the lounge curtains ................
Meanwhile I hear in the far distance the screams and roars of anger - my creditors have just been contacted by the CCCS and have caught up with the mail from December - Northern Rock quakes and the Chief Scratcher calls for his bell book and candle. The dogs of war are unleashed.............

February 2007 and the Postman staggers up our path bent double under the weight of 'if then else' 'serious case of seriousness' begging letters from my creditors. I open them and quake - the next few weeks see me ashen faced, hollow-eyed and sleep deprived - I join Mr Duff behind the lounge curtains

The darkest hour but then I find this site and posting in full-flood is this Chandjay geezer on how to deal with creditors. My jaw hits the keyboard, Mr Duff emerges from behind the curtains, the phone rings - Northern Rock again -so I try some of The Debt Meisters medicine on them - IT WORKS

I devour Squire Chandjays posts and Butts and Gazza1912, Yogi Bear the mods and put into practice their advice. I'm debt free now and the lounge curtains need replacing and Mr Duff put himself and me out of our misery and rang Payplan about his debts too - he'll have cleared them all in another 2 years.

But I defy anyone to top Squire Chandjay - who would post on this forum whilst quaffing sangria on some sunny balcony in Spain, funded by giving his creditors a 'hair cut' for a month or two - By 'eck there's a Debt Meister to beat them all!!!!
Bynigpet
#314683 Chandjay is definitely the master....we should all get together on neutral ground for a drink with nametags with only our usernames on them, then disappear into the night again! Seriously, one of the great things about this forum is realising:-
1. You aren't alone.
2. How little power most "authority" really has over you and the pleasure of passing this on to others who have been panicking.
3. The realisation that there's an endgame to it if you're firm & stick to your guns
4. Finally realising that in the long term, most of the crap you think you need is just marketing ***** fed to you by parasites who haven't the ability to do a proper job.
Bychandjay
#314733 As someone(who's name escapes me) used to say - Now then, Now then... All this praise has got to stop.
All I need now is for Butts to say something nice about me and that will really put the top-hat on it.
... and thinking about it, now I'm debt free, I'm beginning to feel that maybe Capquest has a point .....? Now then, Now then.
Bynomlas
#314803 :lol: Cheers chandjay and many thanks for the help you have given me. I can now also not worry in the slightest about my debts and I understand what Gazza means when he actually looks forward to crossing swords with the enemy. :D
ByGazza1912
nomlas wrote::lol: Cheers chandjay and many thanks for the help you have given me. I can now also not worry in the slightest about my debts and I understand what Gazza means when he actually looks forward to crossing swords with the enemy. :D
Well, I know it may seem a bit 'sad' or a bit 'weird', but I really do look forward now to receiving DCA letters and their phone calls, because I really do have a lot of fun giving them as good as they give me and winding them up. :twisted:

But clearly, I do need a 'life' and baring that in mind, bankruptcy may be an option for me. :roll:
Bywazzza
#314993 'Now then now then' hmmmm ummm no i cant remember, not to worry must have been a low life nobody :D ,
Thanks for the mention mate. YOU are my number 1, after your advice it helped me stand up for myself when contacting the bully boys and enjoying being in charge instead of worrying about my debt, was nearly 40k in debt, now under 30k and feeling great :lol: cheers mate soooooooooooo much.