Questions you have before making a decision to go Bankrupt and the Bankruptcy process

Moderators: TalbotWoods, JaneClack

By CrashDive
#4047 Hi,

Went bankrupt in July 2003 -
Last filled out a questionnaire in August 2004 that indicated I had no spare income and have heard nothing since.

As I understand it there is an automatic discharge on the 1st April, great hopefully.

My questions are, should I expect another questionaire in the next 6 weeks regarding income/expenditure etc ?

What process do the Trustees go thru up until the 1st April and is this likely to involve me communicating with them in any manner ?

regards and thanks
ByDavidc
CrashDive wrote:Hi,

Went bankrupt in July 2003 -
Last filled out a questionnaire in August 2004 that indicated I had no spare income and have heard nothing since.

As I understand it there is an automatic discharge on the 1st April, great hopefully.

My questions are, should I expect another questionaire in the next 6 weeks regarding income/expenditure etc ?

What process do the Trustees go thru up until the 1st April and is this likely to involve me communicating with them in any manner ?

regards and thanks

Who knows?
It states automatic discharge on 1st April and we all have a legal responsability to advise the OR within 21 days of any change in circumstances. I know of a few cases where discharge has been suspended as the OR suspects that to be so. you and I petitioned pre- enterprise act. My understandind is that questionaires are only sent out to post enterprise act bankrupcies prior to early discharge.....Wait and see...No news is good news I say...
David
By CrashDive
#4057 Tks David, well here's hoping and keeping it all crossed...

I'd read that other people out of the mass whose time was up 1 April were being sent questionaires, so wondering a little why I had not received one. Its reassuring a little anyway that you mention pre-enterprise act peop's like ourselves are probably not being sent questionaires.

good luck
ByDavidc
CrashDive wrote:Tks David, well here's hoping and keeping it all crossed...

I'd read that other people out of the mass whose time was up 1 April were being sent questionaires, so wondering a little why I had not received one. Its reassuring a little anyway that you mention pre-enterprise act peop's like ourselves are probably not being sent questionaires.

good luck

That is how I understand it....