Questions you have before making a decision to go Bankrupt and the Bankruptcy process

Moderators: TalbotWoods, JaneClack

BySonic
skint1 wrote:Thanks for all the advice.

Just double checking.
When I answer why I believe I can no longer repay my debt.I just need a few lines not a detailed background to how I have found my self in this situation and how the debt mounted up?I could have end up writing an essay when it's not necessary the way I was going :lol:
I only have a few lines for when I realised I could no longer repay.

Thanks

Hello

One way is to summarise the situation into 'stages', you need to give the overall picture but don't need every single detail - eg something like:

'I first took out a loan for xxx in xxxx, then had to borrow more money for xxxx. The situation got worse when [xxx happend], my debts have esculated and now as a result I can no longer afford to pay.....'

that sort of thing
By skint1
#4085 I have just updated on another post that my appointment is on 1st march to petition.
but thought I'd just let you know.

My landlord was in touch today about some repairs that our being doing.She mentioned that the tenancy was up for renewal in a few months was I happy for her to send the forms through about 6 weeks before for us to sign and send back.
So I happily agreed and said nothing more. :wink:
Everything seems to be sorting itself out slowly. :lol:
ByDavidc
skint1 wrote:I have just updated on another post that my appointment is on 1st march to petition.
but thought I'd just let you know.

My landlord was in touch today about some repairs that our being doing.She mentioned that the tenancy was up for renewal in a few months was I happy for her to send the forms through about 6 weeks before for us to sign and send back.
So I happily agreed and said nothing more. :wink:
Everything seems to be sorting itself out slowly. :lol:

Does this present an issue?
David
By skint1
#4089 I had been concerned that my tenancy was up for renewal and my bankrupcy could cause an issue if they found out.

One post suggested I should contact the landlord and just mention how they would like arrange to renew the tenancy before I filed the petition.
Just to make sure they were planning on renewing and to make clear I was intending to stay for another year.

My landlord has contacted me first and as I'm fully upto date with the rent.
I don't think it will be a problem as I now know the ORis unlikely to contact them.