Questions you have before making a decision to go Bankrupt and the Bankruptcy process

Moderators: TalbotWoods, JaneClack

Byflower1974
#3545 i am filling out a form for bankrupcy and it is asking for details on unsecured debt, this may sound stupid but they are asking what was the debt for. Does this mean what i spent it? if so i don't know what i spent it all on.
ByJaneClack
#3546 and nor do most people!

If you took out a loan for something specific then you can say but otherwise it was everyday expenses.
Byflower1974
#3553 Thanks.

Now to be a pain again.
The outgoing form, how much can i put down for food, i know you are suppose to put down how much you spend but i probably spend too much. im a single mum with one child? what is the norm?
ByJaneClack
#3554 There is no norm. You have to put down what you spend. As a rough guide £180 for you and £80 for your child should be around the right figure. But there can be variables. Similarly around £40 for landline and mobile combined on telephone, £20 each for clothing etc. But only you know what you spend. These are figures creditors usually agree to on a DMP and the OR can be more generous and usually is.

As for further figures - it is what you spend.

Good luck!