Questions you have before making a decision to go Bankrupt and the Bankruptcy process

Moderators: TalbotWoods, JaneClack

By Nicky
#3089 Oh sorry! lol I was jokingly refering to the IP, not to you :D
By Nicky
#3090 Right then, we have progress.

The bottom line is, the car would not be exempt from the Bankruptcy, basically because it is in your name. However! It is highly UNLIKELY that the OR would be interested in it. This is the opinion of 2 IPs if they were trustee. Mainly because of your wifes situation and you needing it to get her about.

If you need more clarification or are still unsure. Go to your local CAB and speak to them about it before making a petition. They also should beable to give you an idea of what may or may not happen. It would appear tho, that you should be ok.

Good luck and let us know how you get on :wink:
By billynomates
billynomates wrote:. although it is my wifes car it is registered in my name so how would I put that down on the O.R's form?

thanks all of you for your advise.
By Nicky
#3145 I guess you would just say it as it is. During the day of your petition, you go and see the OR anyway, so it would be then that you would explain it. Explain that u understand that the car may not be exempt because it is in your name, but it is for your wifes purpose.
By lisaprew
#3150 You say you do not have to include DLA on the form, but I thought that you have to put all of your household income on this form regardless of what it is for??? :?
By Pat31
#3154 Hi All, I went bankrupt, and have a motability car and this wasn't even considered, being taken off me. It was registered in my name.

I would think billynomates, that your wife is the one in receipt of the DLA. The car is registered in your name as your wife does not drive ??, I presume that the car is only used for your wife, and your are the specified driver also.?? Why is it in your name ?, it doesn't need to be, it can be in your wifes name even if she cannot drive, as disabled people normally have a nominated driver anyway. :)
HTH. :)
Pat.

lisaprew wrote:You say you do not have to include DLA on the form, but I thought that you have to put all of your household income on this form regardless of what it is for??? :?

I filled in my petition, and you have to declared all income, whether it be DLA or IncomeSupport, or Incapacity Benefit, Housing Benefit etc. As it is all part of your income, and you declare it. :wink:
HTH. :)
Pat.
By Pat31
#3155 Just thought I would say, that your clock is 1 hour fast, I wrote my reply at 3-12am not 4-12am. :D

This is to the clock mender :shock: :lol:

Pat. :)
By Nicky
Pat31 wrote:Just thought I would say, that your clock is 1 hour fast, I wrote my reply at 3-12am not 4-12am. :D

This is to the clock mender :shock: :lol:

Pat. :)

Hi Pat, nice to see you around again. The clock settings are in your profile. You may have it set as GMT+1 or something, so needs changing to GMT 0 (or something like that)

Billy is the one who is thinking about declaring bankrupty, and it is his wife who in receipt of DLA, thats why the DLA is not included. :wink:
By billynomates
#3286 just one final question. I am going to give payplan a go! (matbe I think). but they have told me they want me to add my wifes D.L.A into the equation. can I refuse as this is not my money but my wifes.?
By JaneClack
#3287 You should not have to include it I have to say but there are sometimes occasions when this would be the only way you could fund a debt managment arrangement. Also if all the care expenditure would mean your budget exceeded guidelines then it would be included to fund it. If by removing your wife's DLA there would not be enough to pay Payplan or you would not repay in a reasonable period of time then you need to look at plan A again. Discuss this with your case officer.
ByVanessa
#3297 The registered keeper shown on a V5 document is not necessarily the legal owner of the car and I think Pat has shown you the way forward here :o)
By billynomates
#3298 it was registered in my name as our insurance company would only insure the registered keeper and becausse I have a full no claims bonus.
By billynomates
#3414 update i have wrote to my creditors and offered apayment of £1.00 p.m as a tokne guesture for the time being, just waiting for a reply from capital one and egg.