Questions you have before making a decision to go Bankrupt and the Bankruptcy process

Moderators: TalbotWoods, JaneClack

By mamaden1
#472546 Hi,
Are there any banks that allow you to continue using online banking? I currently have a Barclays basic account which apparently if I go Bankrupt I can keep but I lose the online & telephone banking facilities. The telephone banking isn't a problem but I need to be able to do online banking as the hours I work make it almost impossible for me to visit a bank to pay bills etc.
I'm a bit gutted as I was glad that Barclays allow undischarged bankrupts to use their basic account but now it looks like I will have to go elsewhere.
If anyone could advise me asap as I am looking to go bankrupt very soon.
Thank you all in advance.
By sally1
#472547 Hi Mamaden,
The type of accounts banks offer change all the time, so I'm afraid I can't tell you which ones can offer online banking to bankrupts.
However, my colleague has found this useful link which may reduce your search. http://www.money.co.uk/current-accounts ... krupts.htm
It would appear that you may be able to get an online account although the ones shown on this link seem to attract a monthly fee.
Good Luck