Questions you have before making a decision to go Bankrupt and the Bankruptcy process

Moderators: TalbotWoods, JaneClack

By varin
#697 I am currently bankrupt (as of 21st april this year) under the new guidelines. Mine is a fairly simple case - i am not working, at home with 2 children and living in rental accomodation. I know that the longest my case will last is 12 months, but it has been suggested that it may be closed as early as sep/oct. My question is this - if it is closed early, or even in april, if i were to start work after, would i need to inform anyone? Would i have to pay anything back? I understand that if i work whilst still bankrupt i have to pay back for 3 years. Is this the case? My children are coming up to school age and i really want to get a 'normal' life, but i don't know if it would be a mistake to get a job now that may tie me up for longer. Please help!
By JaneClack
#700 Any income payments arrangement or order has to be set up whilst you are an undischarged bankrupt so if you are discharged early they cannot come back and then set one up! Hope that clears it up for you! :lol: