Questions you have before making a decision to go Bankrupt and the Bankruptcy process

Moderators: TalbotWoods, JaneClack

By mt
#8237 As mentioned in the other post, I did it today and am now bankrupt. But the upcoming OR appointment is worrying me a little.

I live with my partner and have done so for the last 5 years. The house is in his name only. I have never contributed to the mortgage. I don't pay him rent either but have shared some household bills. When I took advice about going bankrupt I was advised to find out about beneficial interest. I rang the Insolvency Services, who told me that I have nothing to worry about, as my partner already owned the property and I never contributed to his mortgage, I would very unlikely be deemed to have BI in his house.

Now I worry that advice is just advice, and that the OR dealing with my case will see things differently. Anyone on this board with a similar situation? ie living with partner who owns the house?
By JaneClack
#8287 Yes, advice is advice from the insolvency service - if your income and expenditure shows you are paying half of all the household bills then you can be deemed to have beneficial interest but you aren't so STOP WORRYING!