Questions you have before making a decision to go Bankrupt and the Bankruptcy process

Moderators: TalbotWoods, JaneClack

Bysunshine
#8227 hiya...

I am going bankrupt on monday....I wrote to the creditor doorstep loans telling them that I am going bankrupt but I never gave the time nor date...

Today a creditor knocked on the door...will they still be like this after going bankrupt on monday....just that I get the feeling that even though I will send a copy of the order that they will still call...

Any advice or tips...anyone else been through this so I know what to do or expect....what if they keep calling after monday
ByTalbotWoods
#8229 Hi Sunshine

When you have been declared bankrupt you wil be given a Certificate of Bankruptcy.

All you will need to do is photocopy this, and when the collector calls next give them a copy and ask them to contact your OR (you will get his details the day of bankruptcy or the next day) as you cannot pay them as it would be illegal for you to do so as you are now bankrupt.

This then means it against the law for them to contiune to ask for money from you.

They wont like it but they have to lump it so to speak! :wink:

That then ends it

Ans before I forget good luck on Monday

Tim
Bysunshine
#8231 hiya...

can I asak the question....

it says the company is consumer credit association....a part of....

do loan sharks still have this on their paper work...just that what happens if one company is a loan shark...I dont think it is but just in case....

you know the type that beat you up if you miss payments....this company I have is within a building with their name above the door....and I have a yellow slip that I signed...an agreement...

I do not have these but only the book payment book....will the OR deal with this...the not having the signed agreements....
ByMel_Odious
sunshine wrote:hiya...

can I asak the question....

it says the company is consumer credit association....a part of....

Hello Sunshine,
The Organisation seems legit enough.
http://www.ccauk.org/links.html

But why are you worrying?
ALL your debts are included in your bankruptcy whether you have listed them or accidently left one out. That is every single debt you owe. It is published in the Gazettes online and in your local paper (in teeny weeny print) that is so that all your creditors have no excuse for not knowing about your bankruptcy. So there is not a thing to worry about.
It is possible that the OR can't get round to informing everybody immediately (that's why it is best to give all the information you can) but if any one does call you show them the OR's details and tell them that is who they should contact. It is illegal for any creditor to demand money from you once you are made bankrupt.

Mel