Questions you have before making a decision to go Bankrupt and the Bankruptcy process

Moderators: TalbotWoods, JaneClack

By billykeats
#8203 I have a problem with the OR possibly not receiving any post I have sent. This is especially important as I have sent my IPO Questionnaire to them recently by Recorded Delivery which they need before they apply for an early discharge. I sent it on Tuesday & as yet the Royal Mail website says it has yet to be signed for.

In the past this has been a problem as twice I made the OR aware that I have moved house but still I am getting the letters sent to my previous house. Luckily my parents still live there so its not too much of problem.

I'm just worried that pending an early discharge they may not have received this questionnaire & may have to sent it again as they require it within 14 days of the dated letter which will be this Wednesday.

Anybody else have this problem and possibly suggest a solution. Trying to avoid contact the OR if possible
By MRB
#8215 Sometimes if you send a recorded item via royalmail there system does'nt pick it up that it has been delivered. If I was you I would check with the OR first.
By billykeats
#8216 Don't seem to be getting any replies to my e-mails and I haven't got the OR's directline number or name with me to call them
By Mel_Odious
billykeats wrote:Don't seem to be getting any replies to my e-mails and I haven't got the OR's directline number or name with me to call them

Hi Billy,
have you tried checking for the details of your bankruptcy at:
http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/eiir/

Your Official Receiver should be displayed along with your details.

Mel
By billykeats
#8222 Its been brought to my attention by the Royal Mail that there was a fire evacuation in one of their sorting offices near where I live which means mail has been delayed. Have to check back on Monday when hopefully it will be delivered.

Now I had 14 days from the date of the letter they sent in which to reply. The last day is Tuesday so do you think I should re-send the documents via Special Delivery so it gets there by Monday 1pm? Or should I rely on what the Royal Mail have advised me and wait til Monday afternoon to check again?
By Mel_Odious
#8223 Clutching at straws here; doesn't by any chance state 14 working days does it? No, I didn't think so.
Trust Royal Mail? Never!

I would be more tempted to write, email, or call the OR and explain why it is stuck in the post.

Your call I'm afraid Billy.

Mel
ByDavidc
billykeats wrote:Its been brought to my attention by the Royal Mail that there was a fire evacuation in one of their sorting offices near where I live which means mail has been delayed. Have to check back on Monday when hopefully it will be delivered.

Now I had 14 days from the date of the letter they sent in which to reply. The last day is Tuesday so do you think I should re-send the documents via Special Delivery so it gets there by Monday 1pm? Or should I rely on what the Royal Mail have advised me and wait til Monday afternoon to check again?

What is the rush? It will happen when it hapens
David
By MRB
#8280 When you finally get in touch with your OR get there email address and contact them with any questions about your BO. I do this all the time and my OR comes back to me within minutes. Dont worry about the 14day cut off you have proof of postage. Another thing you could do is contact the mail room in your local OR office and ask if your letter has arrived they would have written it down in a book or something.