Questions you have before making a decision to go Bankrupt and the Bankruptcy process

Moderators: TalbotWoods, JaneClack

By lemon
#7791 Both my kids have building society accounts with the Cheshire Building Society, I opened these accounts and it is me that has to go in and draw out their money.

As I am declaring myself bankrupt on Wednesday, do I have to close these accounts or can we keep them open????

Thanx for any advice
By Mel_Odious
lemon wrote:Both my kids have building society accounts with the Cheshire Building Society, I opened these accounts and it is me that has to go in and draw out their money.

As I am declaring myself bankrupt on Wednesday, do I have to close these accounts or can we keep them open????

Thanx for any advice

If you want to be goody, goody you could mention them as there is a question asking of your bank accounts or any interest with one. In reality I guess you do have an interest but as far as the OR is concerned any money therein is not YOUR asset and won't be touched. If it were me, I wouldn't bother mentioning them.
Sorry that didn't answer your question as to whether you should close them or not; don't in a word.

Mel