Your views and questions.

Moderators: TalbotWoods, JaneClack

By rikw
#272763 After years of hassle, Iv'e finally got rid of barclaycard who have now passed my debt on to IDR Finance, has anyone ever had any dealing with this lot?
By Butts
rikw wrote:After years of hassle, Iv'e finally got rid of barclaycard who have now passed my debt on to IDR Finance, has anyone ever had any dealing with this lot?

Can't say they are familiar - what does the IDR stand for ?
By rikw
#273203 Absolutely no idea, ive googled them and there is very little information on them I wonder if they are some other in house cretins, that Barclays have conjured up or another bunch of leaches, that have bought the debt for peanuts
By Butts
rikw wrote:Absolutely no idea, ive googled them and there is very little information on them I wonder if they are some other in house cretins, that Barclays have conjured up or another bunch of leaches, that have bought the debt for peanuts

Barclays in house used to be Mercers based in Liverpool if I remember correctly.
By TalbotWoods
#273333 rikw

IDR Finance UK Ltd
7th Floor, Phoenix House
18 King William Street
Fleet Street
London
EC4N 7BP

Company Number 07274061

Previously known as ASSET LINK CAPITAL and changed their name in Dec 2010

Or in other words LINK

So heads up Ladies and Gents LINK is back!!
By Butts
nigpet wrote:Is this any connection with Link Financial?

No I think thats Lewis Group.
By rikw
#274473 Thanks for the replies folks and sorry for the slow response, have took a break from my PC for a while. I expect they are the same has any other scumball DCA anyway so will be treated with the same contempt what ever they choose to call themselves
By sniktar
#274893 If you are having a problem - remember that the original creditor is responsible for the actions of its collector. Complain to the original creditor if you are unhappy - the original creditor. It usually works!
Maybe this debt has been sold on - even stronger position for you!
Go to a free advice agency and get a financial statement to show exactly what you can afford.
Most courts accept that as final! Even if it is only a token £1.00 a month
By JaneClack
#274923 According to the OFT GUIDELINES and the LENDING CODE (GUIDELINES) then the original creditor has a responsibility to be sure that their agent should also follow the recommendations on how to treat customers in difficulty.

However, as we all know this sometimes does not happen and we also know that sometimes the original creditor does not seem to follow the guidelines

When they do not they should be reported but people are so demoralised they think that if they get it sorted they have not got the energy to do anything further ..... and so it goes on.

And, I am afraid, courts cannot be depended upon to always get it right - have seen some courts go for a forthwith judgment as they feel the client cannot even afford £1 per month - but these can be fought!