Information to help you deal with your CRF's

Moderators: TalbotWoods, JaneClack

Bymoaner
#205403 for my credit file? :?

I asked for it about 7 weeks ago, sent off the cheque for £2 and Equifax asked for some ID, which I sent off immediately but I have not got the credit file yet.

I have got my file from the other 2 agencies but nothing from Equifax! Looks like I'll have to do another letter :evil:
ByYogi Bear
#205405 The "prescribed period" under s.158(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 for the agency to send you the file is seven days - which starts to run from the day they have both the fee and the information they need to identify your file correctly. :shock:
Bymoaner
#205406 Hope it has not got lost in the post, would hate anyone else to read it :oops:
Bysubmariner
#205526 Any sign of it yet? I've never waited more than about 3 - 4 days for mine (I get the £2 ones every 4 - 6 months from all 3 Companies, just to check post IVA).
Bymoaner
#205597 still no credit file :shock:

I have written to them again and they have so far not responded to my letters :twisted:
Bysubmariner
#205648 How odd! Let's face it, you are only asking them to provide their main "product". You'd think they'd be really responsive wouldn't you?
Bymoaner
#205657 yes, the cheque cleared about 7 weeks ago :shock:

Postman has just been and gone empty-handed AGAIN :evil:
ByYogi Bear
#205659 Contact the Information Commissioner and lodge a complaint:
"Q? When should I contact the Information Commissioner?
There are 4 main reasons why you might need to contact the Information Commissioner:
1. You asked for a copy of your credit reference file but still have not got it."

http://www.ico.gov.uk/upload/documents/ ... t_2005.pdf
Bymoaner
#205660 Thanks for that link, I'll look into it, I was wondering what else I could do :shock:
Bymoaner
#205661 well, wonders will never cease, I have just spent ages looking on the t'interweb for a phone number for Equifax and rang them up and guess what, the credit file was just done yesterday and is in the post :shock:

Why would they take so long??????? They blamed the postal service :roll:
Bymoaner
#205853 its still not arrived.............................................................

:guns: