Information to help you deal with your CRF's

Moderators: TalbotWoods, JaneClack

By death angel
#466483 Hi everyone

We have been in a DMP with Step Change (CCCS) since 2007 and are now seeing the light at the end of the tunnel and things have been going well.

We did have an hicup last month when a LLoyds TSB CC debt resurfaced after we thought it had been settled by Step Change in 2012. That was sorted out to my satisfaction.

I checked my Credit Report on the 2nd August 2013 and there was nothing unexpected on there. I thought it prudent to check it again after the Lloyds debt resurfaced.

Tucked away in the previous searches section, hidden amongst a number of insurance company searches was one from Lowell Portfolio 1 Ltd. I understand these are a DCA. This search was dated 07/08/2013 .

I wonder why they would be checking my file as we have no debts which are not in our DMP and none of our creditors have sold or even suggested they would be selling a debt on to Lowell's.

Lowell haven't made any contact with us either.

Can any DCA check your credit file even if you have had no dealings with them?
By TalbotWoods
#466493 Hi

At this stage dont worry about it, this kind of search will appear if they are trying to trace someone, think they have them and then carry out a more in depth search. Then found it wasn't you they were looking for

OK it is very possible that Lowells have bought or taken over a debt, and as Stepchange are dealing with you they may well not have inform you yet.

Either way if they have not been in contact with you trust in the old adage, "let sleeping dogs lie"!

Tim
By death angel
#471123 There has been no attempt from them to contact me and my DMP is up to Date with its payments. So perhaps I shouldn't worry.

The closer we get to the DMP ending the more I tend to worry.
By TalbotWoods
#471283 Worrying at the end is very very normal, and some people I know are actually became more worried at the end than in the beginning!

You'll get there, honest!

Tim