Questions and Info relating to Property Issues inc, Charging Orders and Repossession

Moderators: TalbotWoods, JaneClack

By frank drebin
#472425 Hello. I am almost all clear with my debts now. I had lots of CCJs that have all dropped off my crf. I am still paying some of them off. One was secured via a charging order. It is being repaid slowly and not due to be paid off for another 30+ years. They wrote to me with an offer of a partial settlement. If I take it, what happens to the charging order as there will be a difference in the amount owing and amount paid as settlement. They didn't mention anything abut the order, but it has been passed on to another dca since the order was granted, and they may not know about it. Thanks in advance guys.
By JaneClack
#472429 Hi - the simplest thing to do is to write to them and say that you are willing to consider the offer by means of a third party payment in full and final settlement if the creditor is prepared to remove the charging order on the property. What you do not want is a partially satisfied debt that still leaves the charging order in place as it is not in your interest to do so.
By WilliamWein
#472626 I totally agree with Jane Clack. All most two years back, I was in a somewhat similar situation and was not getting a way out of the problem but then I took advice from experts. You must Tell then you are willing to consider the offer by means of a third party payment in full and final settlement .