Scottish and English debt laws are different, so if you are a Scottish resident and have questions on debt, then this is the place to post.

Moderators: TalbotWoods, JaneClack

By Aaron
#82420 Does a charge for payment make it easier to go BR? Can the court say no?

I have a charge for payment and had have had my wages arested...........got my new cash minder account open now and just thinking my next move.
By angusgal
#82505 Once the charge expires Ie day 15 you can send a copy of your debtors petition to the accountant in bankruptcy and take a copy to your local sheriff court, pay the £63 fee (in cash).
Have a look at http://www.aib.gov.uk it has all the information you need and gives you step by step info on how to get sequestrated.

As long as you have a valid charge for payment and are "apparently insolvent" and owe at least £1500 you can petition for your own sequestration.

Out of interest how long did it take you to get a charge for payment :?:
(I am still waiting :roll: )
By JLP
Aaron wrote:Does a charge for payment make it easier to go BR? Can the court say no?

I have a charge for payment and had have had my wages arested...........got my new cash minder account open now and just thinking my next move.

In short-no courts cant say no.
By JLP
angusgal wrote:Once the charge expires Ie day 15 you can send a copy of your debtors petition to the accountant in bankruptcy and take a copy to your local sheriff court, pay the £63 fee (in cash).
Have a look at http://www.aib.gov.uk it has all the information you need and gives you step by step info on how to get sequestrated.

As long as you have a valid charge for payment and are "apparently insolvent" and owe at least £1500 you can petition for your own sequestration.

Out of interest how long did it take you to get a charge for payment :?:
(I am still waiting :roll: )

You could ask one of your creditors to petition for your Bankruptcy. Let me look into that for you and Ill post back. I know some advisors have done this.I wont have an answer for you immediately as I am off work for a few days, but Ill try and find out some info on this.

Regards JLP
By angusgal
#82964 OOH thats interesting, I did ask an IP about the possibility of that back in Feb/March time but she said it was almost unheard of and I was better off to wait but it could take 8-12 months!!!!! :shock:
Any info on that possibility would be great.
By JLP
angusgal wrote:OOH thats interesting, I did ask an IP about the possibility of that back in Feb/March time but she said it was almost unheard of and I was better off to wait but it could take 8-12 months!!!!! :shock:
Any info on that possibility would be great.

It is almost unheard of-but worth a shot.Ill come back to you on this.