Scottish and English debt laws are different, so if you are a Scottish resident and have questions on debt, then this is the place to post.

Moderators: TalbotWoods, JaneClack

By chrissy
#65936 Could anyone recommend a solicitor in / near Aberdeen who could negotiate a re-mortgage and a settlement figure for our equity at the end of or near the end of our Protected Trust Deed please?

Look forward to hearing from anyone on this!
By TalbotWoods
#65940 Hi Chrissy

JLP may be able to offer some help on this, but I suspect that no names will be forthcoming as it very much a dodgy thing to do - give solicitors recommendations, they can get a bit grotty with us, plus if it goes badly wrong thne there can be hard feeling towards the person who advised you the name

Tim
By Mel_Odious
#65942 PM JLP, she may not see it until after the weekend but she may know someone, although Glasgow is more her area.

Mel
By chrissy
#65959 Are you sure JLP won't mind? We had an appointment with one today and took a half day off work - had the appointment in writing from them but apparently weren't important enough to be written into the diary!!!
Was not happy!
By Mel_Odious
chrissy wrote:Are you sure JLP won't mind? We had an appointment with one today and took a half day off work - had the appointment in writing from them but apparently weren't important enough to be written into the diary!!!
Was not happy!

Sorry about that Chrissy.
I am absolutely sure that JLP will not mind. She is a lovely caring lady. She may not be able to give you a name but would certainly point you in the right direction. She works as a debt adviser.

Mel
By JLP
#66501 Hiya-no of course I dont mind,have PMed Chrissy........ :D