Scottish and English debt laws are different, so if you are a Scottish resident and have questions on debt, then this is the place to post.

Moderators: TalbotWoods, JaneClack

By steven
#63088 Today is my discharge day after three long years. Thanks everyone for their advice I have posted a few times here.

I have sent my £8 today for my discharge certificate and have access to my Equifax and Experian credit files online.

The next stage is obviously to get my three creditors Egg, Black Horse Finance and Capital One to mark my CRA files as settled and Equifax and Call Credit to show files as bankruptcy settled. Experian no longer shows my bankruptcy for some reason so I wont bother contacting them.

What if anything else can I do to start rebuilding my credit status.

Thanks again.
By Mel_Odious
#63098 Unfortunately as long as the bankruptcy remains on your file for the full six years, you will have difficulty. Some suggest taking out credit cards with Crap one or Vanquis but beware because their interest rates are sky high and if you fall behind their charges are horrendous. if you go down this path be sure to settle the account in full every month.

Mel
By steven
#63817 Thanks for your reply Mel.

Do you think Capital One would even consider me for one of their cards as I have a default with them. The default was only for £31.

I may give Vanquis a try, do they report to both CRA.
By Mel_Odious
steven wrote:Thanks for your reply Mel.

Do you think Capital One would even consider me for one of their cards as I have a default with them. The default was only for £31.

I may give Vanquis a try, do they report to both CRA.

Don't know which CRA they use I'm afraid.
(There is also Call Credit, making three although they are not used a lot. Some creds use one or more)

Mel