Scottish and English debt laws are different, so if you are a Scottish resident and have questions on debt, then this is the place to post.

Moderators: TalbotWoods, JaneClack

By daviebicky
#52904 i have a managed bank account with rbs managed by a debt management company i used before setting up a trust deed, they charge me 8 quid a month and have 2 accounts 1 for standing orders and one for my use, no credit or overdraft with this, will the rbs want me to close it now that i have a ptd??
By GR
#52932 When you say managed, does that mean that you have outstanding loans, or an overdraft with RBS?

If you do, then these should've been included in your TD. You shouldn't be paying someone to manage your account. All your debts should be in the hands of the trustee, therefore there is no need for your account to be managed by anyone and you are wasting £8 month for nowt.
By daviebicky
#56357 no i dont have any loans or overdraft, it is basically the debt management company who opened these 2 accounts for me 1 to hold onto my direct debits and 1 for all surplus money, this means i dont touch money for all my bills-think it should be ok now as td is now protected and ip seems happy with account- :P