Scottish and English debt laws are different, so if you are a Scottish resident and have questions on debt, then this is the place to post.

Moderators: TalbotWoods, JaneClack

By mike1y111
#50445 I have been living at my new address for many years no and have no link with my previous address. I really want to sort out the past and would like to get a credit search on my previous address. If i do it will link my current address to the old one which will open up the floodgates for DC to chase me.

Can i get a P.O box number and do a credit search that way? Is there any other way of doing this?
By JLP
mike1y111 wrote:I have been living at my new address for many years no and have no link with my previous address. I really want to sort out the past and would like to get a credit search on my previous address. If i do it will link my current address to the old one which will open up the floodgates for DC to chase me.

Can i get a P.O box number and do a credit search that way? Is there any other way of doing this?

Yes it could open the floodgates for DCA's to contact you as it may link, but at least you will be dealing with your debts. No PO Box nos, the Credit ref Agencies will want the address you are living it and proof that you do to avoid Identity Theft etc and for Data protection