Scottish and English debt laws are different, so if you are a Scottish resident and have questions on debt, then this is the place to post.

Moderators: TalbotWoods, JaneClack

By davidtoner
#319523 Hi' I'm David used this forum a few times now my story is started a trust deed dec 2006,was in this for 3 years ,then we managed to increase our mortgage 38k,to pay off the td and partially satisfy our creditors ,we where debt free but had a heavy mortgage reapayment around 1k.Things ok for a couple years but this past year my wife has lost her job twice had mortgage protection did not kick in for 60 days each time also i've taken a large drop in the wage department.

We are now starting too feel the effects although we dont have much debts, mortgage and car with the drop in income it has become a struggle we are 2 months behind with our mortgage ,we have contacted them but our age is against a remortgage, they are pushing for a repayment plan which we cant afford .We tried to put it on market but need money up front for fees which we dont have.I have now found out may loose my job early 2013 no redundancy temp contract anybody got any ideas or had similar circumstances. Regards David.
By TalbotWoods
#319573 David

I've highlighted this up to our Scottish Advisor, who will get back to you on their return to work.

I know that mortgage debt is fairly universal but there are particular Scottish Solutions that may well work better then the generic ones I can suggest at this stage.

Tim
By wdm2
#320033 I'm afraid I don't think there is anything better than generic advice to be given. There are various supports available from the Scottish Government that are detailed here

http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Topics/Built ... possession

Would be worth reading these and seeing if something like the 'mortgage to shared equity' scheme can work for you.

If you haven't already done so, contact citizen's advice scotland or a money adviser who can look at all your circumstances.

Your bank has a duty to be supportive so they should not be pushing you into a plan you can't afford. Keep pressing them and if necessary highlight the lending code which requires them to be 'sympathetic and positive' when dealing with those in difficulties. For example they could show forbearance while you are trying to sell.