Scottish and English debt laws are different, so if you are a Scottish resident and have questions on debt, then this is the place to post.

Moderators: TalbotWoods, JaneClack

By skintflint
#42153 are there any guideline figures for living expenses on a tust deed

eg food/clothing budget for a family of six :?:
By JLP
#42424 BBA trigger figures work out at approx £25 per person per week, so that would be approx £150 per week for 6 people, £650 per month for 6 (actually Trigger figures only use about £483 for a couple with children-cant be same amount for 2 or 10 children).

I am not sure exactly how IP's work it out (as it varies from IP to IP) but you shouldnt be far wrong with above.
By Mel_Odious
#42429 Hiya JLP,
TFs have a separate figure for children of £38.

According to my list the housekeeping figure for a couple with children is £461 and the £38 would be for each child.

Mel x
By JLP
Mel_Odious wrote:Hiya JLP,
TFs have a separate figure for children of £38.

According to my list the housekeeping figure for a couple with children is £461 and the £38 would be for each child.

Mel x

What monthly or weekly-cos thats not what Ive got........ :? Will go and check mine at work, although if I remember rightly £461 is the old figure. I usually err on the side of over rather than underestimate on food, its the one that gets people every time.......lol. Cos I tend to get clients telling me, they only spend £25 a week for a family of 4-usually cos their budget is going to their creditors instead of grub but thats not realistic ofc