Scottish and English debt laws are different, so if you are a Scottish resident and have questions on debt, then this is the place to post.

Moderators: TalbotWoods, JaneClack

ByRichie1888
#162902 has anyone used this company before and have any advice either way before i consider using them ?
ByBeep_Beep
#162926 I did, but left them as they gave me incorrect advice, (told me to go for a IVA, aftera year on a DMP). You cant do IVA's in Scotland.

So i went to my local CAB, and spoke to their debt advisor, great advice and help.
ByNicky
#162962 Richie, do a search for Payplan on this forum, you will find alot of people have heard about them and are very happy with their services.

As far as them recommending and IVA - they would have meant a Trust Deed which is the Scottish version of an IVA.
Bywdm
#162972 Payplan do an excellent job but they are regarded by some as not being so clued up on Scots law. Hence, the best advice is generally to speak to moneyadvicescotland who'll put you in touch with an advisor who's fully up to date on the latest developments in Scotland such as DAS and bankruptcy reform.
ByRichie1888
#162979 thanks guy alot of positives there