Discussions on life after your bankruptcy discharge.

Moderators: TalbotWoods, JaneClack

By Mel_Odious
#83059 have just sent me a letter informing me that HSBC sold my debt to Max Inc on the 28th July 2006!
I went bankrupt on June 6th 2002 and was discharged on April 1st 2005.
I have given the young woman who answered the phone a large portion of my mind, poor thing. The thing that really annoys though is that the account may now reappear on my CRFs. I told her if it does, I will be on to the IC immediately. I am very vexed :evil:

If anyone needs a telephone number for these comedians it is
0113 389 3938
Last edited by Mel_Odious on Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Ange
#83063 Funny enough - I had a letter saying exactly the same thing last week. I just put it in my file and thought no more of it.

It did say that I didn't need to contact them though.

NMH
xxx
By TalbotWoods
#83103 Mel

No good getting onto te OR its the ICO that you need to get straigt onto.

HSBC has sold a satified debt to Max, so HSBC need to be brought to heel over this.

Now you know whay I tell everyone who has cleaned their CRF's post bankurptcy to keep an eye on them, at least Max are one of the better ones in that they inform you they have bough the debt, other debt purchasers dont bother!

Tim
By netsurfer1
#83106 I've just had the same letter this morning.

Can't understand why they are buying it ... I was bankrupt in 2000, over six years ago!
By Mel_Odious
TalbotWoods wrote:Mel

No good getting onto te OR its the ICO that you need to get straigt onto.

HSBC has sold a satified debt to Max, so HSBC need to be brought to heel over this.

Now you know whay I tell everyone who has cleaned their CRF's post bankurptcy to keep an eye on them, at least Max are one of the better ones in that they inform you they have bough the debt, other debt purchasers dont bother!

Tim

Yep, sorry Tim, I did tell her InfoComm and meant IC not OR in my post (now edited). I received the letter at work this afternoon as I used to live on the job and that is where the debts occurred. And was still raving after I had just got off the phone to her. She wanted to see my Discharge Certificate as well. I really did have a rant. Oh yes, I will be on to HSBC as well.

Mel
By TalbotWoods
#83115 I can understand why she wants to see the Discahrge Certificate, it'll be the proof they need to see they have been sold a dud debt so they can reclaim the sale back from HSBC.

This is HSBC's fault, though they will deny it, and they are just selling the old dbets off to lear them off there books in total, better get a few pence in and clear the debt off then let a large debt remain (Bad PR for the Bank!)

Tim
By homely
#83122 well they eversh..s have sent me a letter and my hsbc overdraft and loan has been forwarded on to them.what a laugh only 1 year and 4 months late thanks for the number mel may well give them a piece of my mind aswell
By StrangeCargo
#83300 Barclaycard has recently sold my old debt to Max Recovery (eversheds) too. This created two entries in my credit files.

The IC got Barclays to remove the original entry, coz duplicates are not DPA compliant.
By Mel_Odious
#83312 I have written a stinging letter to HSBC telling them to inform Max that the debt they sold was included in my bankruptcy and they should inform Eversh1ts immediately and make sure that no entries of this former debt should appear on my CRF.

Mel
By MissLucy
#83389 This happened to me too last December 2005, it's now on my credit files but not as a default? It was my old overdraft from Barclays, it's down as satisfied, same date as my bankruptcy. So left it :(

I keep an eye on my files.

Lucy
By piggeh
#83431 I got one of these a few days ago as well. I havent cleaned up my CRF yet anyway but was wondeirng how they could sell it on when I've been discharged!
By TalbotWoods
#83433 The reason why they seem to be selling loads on a the moment is to get the bad debts off thier books.

If you have gone bankrupt owing them £5000, then there books wil show a debt of £5000. It will remain as a debt on their books until it is either paid off, or transferred (sold) away from their books.

They acpt that a debt of £5000 may be sold for a few pence in the pound, but that is income for them.

Tim
ByDELETED
#83442 DELETED
By Mel_Odious
#83455 I sent them this:

Dear Sirs,
Reference: *********7835

You contacted me by letter dated 11th August 2006 informing me that HSBC had sold the above numbered account to you.

This account was included in my Statement of Affairs in my bankruptcy petition dated June 6th 2002 in the High Court, London. I was automatically discharged from bankruptcy under EA2002 on the 1st April 2005.

I don’t know what you, or Max Ltd hope to gain by buying up bankrupt debts. You are not solicitors as you profess to be, you are nothing but petty Debt Collectors hoping to make a profit from the unfortunates who find themselves in debt from no fault of their own. It was the Child Support Agency who forced me into bankruptcy and it is lowlifes like you who hope to make me suffer for the rest of my life for falling victim to the vindictiveness of an ex wife.

The above account is no longer active. It was included in my bankruptcy and now you think you will be able to re-enter it as a debt on Credit Reference Files as you have done to many others. Why do I say this? Because your name crops up time and time again on a Debt Help Forum I moderate. You buy up debt for pennies in the hope of gaining from the unwary and unfortunate. Your name stinks and people are not fooled by you professing to be solicitors. You besmirch the good name of the profession.

I am reporting HSBC to the Information Commissioner for selling on a former debt in bankruptcy and if you dare submit details of this former debt to any Credit Reference Company, you too will be reported. to the IC.

I expect to hear by return that you no longer have any interest in this former debt.
By elmeck
#83508 Nice one Mel...... :D

By the way, you mention that Max profess to be Solicitors when they are not :?

If this is the case, is there nothing you could do to shop them to any official body that oversees Solicitors eg. Law Society ?

I am sure that someone would care about anyone professing to be a Solicitor when they are not?