Discussions on life after your bankruptcy discharge.

Moderators: TalbotWoods, JaneClack

By clarkeee5
#61251 I received a letter from Inland revenue about Class 2 NI contributions that are over due - I was self employed. I was made Bankrupt 20/4/05 discharged 18/10/05
The dates that the money is outstanding is from 5/10/03 - 20/11/04. Should this be included in my bankruptcy or do I still have to pay over-
due NI.
Thanks for any help on this matter
I dont like getting letter like this, I thought I'd left it all behind.
By Sassy&Sorted
#61256 I think they would be included, but another member should klnow more and will be along soon
By Ransid
#61289 This is definitley in your bankruptcy in my view.

I would:-

1. write back and confirm the BR to IR, asking them to note that you think they should their claim to the OR - give court details
2. send a copy of IR's letter to the OR, and your reply, saying this has come out of the blue but that it should be in the bankruptcy as it predates the date of BR
3. Forget about it once you've done that (but keep copies "just in case")

Very odd, as the OR and IR liase quite closely, but given that the IR has a file on just about everyone in the country it's not surprising that the odd few tie ups slip through the net.

Hope that helps

Don't worry about it
By steveo
Ransid wrote:
Very odd, as the OR and IR liase quite closely, but given that the IR has a file on just about everyone in the country it's not surprising that the odd few tie ups slip through the net.

i've had a NI form last week too. even though i've not been self employed for nearly 9 months.
By TalbotWoods
#61311 Wasnt it about a year and a bit ago that IR upgraded there computer systems, which might explain why so many seem to have been overlooked?

I think they upgraded form LOST v1.0 to LOST v1.¼

Tim
By steveo
TalbotWoods wrote:Wasnt it about a year and a bit ago that IR upgraded there computer systems, which might explain why so many seem to have been overlooked?

I think they upgraded form LOST v1.0 to LOST v1.¼

Tim

like my manager at work said a while back when they replaced all the office 1.2ghz PC's with new (ish) 2.8ghz ones.

"great, now they can F*** things up twice as fast as before" !!!
By homely
#61398 my husband was self employed and his NI contributions were wiped off with the br that was 04/05 he had to ring them about it