Discussions on life after your bankruptcy discharge.

Moderators: TalbotWoods, JaneClack

By chandjay
#298533 Hi,
I went bankrupt June 2011 but didn't get an IPA/IPO as I wasn't earning anything. I only had a pension.
I was discharged early at the beginning of May 2012, and I have now been offered a job.
Am I right in thinking, that as I have now been discharged from bankruptcy, I don't have to inform the OR of any money I earn.
It will be pointless taking the (part time) job if I have to hand most of my earnings over to the OR for the next two years. I have a private pension which is just under what the OR deemed I needed to live on.
Will I have to inform the OR of my earnings ? - Don't forget !! I'm now discharged.
By TalbotWoods
#298553 Simple question, simple answer .... Nope.

Now your discharged with no IPA/O in place what you earn is yours all of it, so you can now start that multimillion pound job, and its all yours, well except for the tax, NI, living costs, missues consideration, ........

Oh and we cant forget your discharged, not aht you have reminded us before :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
By chandjay
#298603 Yeee Haaaa !!!!! Well thank you Lord, thank you Buddah, thank you Mohammed, thank you, thank you, thank you.

I've been offered a part time job, and now I know that I don't have to cough up to the OR, I'll ask for some more hours.
I'll be honest (well that's a first !! ), I thought I'm not going through 11 months of bankruptcy to start to have to cough up at the last minute for the next 2 years. After all, I shelled out enough over my 5 years on a DMP, and did 2 F/F offers.

By the way TW, there is no need to get uppity with me simply because I forget things and keep repeating myself ... Oh, Did I mention that I got an early discharge !!!! LOL

Keep on trucking TW, keep on trucking !! ........ I said TRUCKING !!!
Last edited by chandjay on Thu May 31, 2012 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
By TalbotWoods
#298613 Whoops forgot to mention that doesn't include the £50 a week to Sarah and Me to keep our mouths shut! :lol: :lol:
By chandjay
#298733 Good news Sarah.
The holidays are safe and still on.
I took the part time job, I lasted ONE DAY and jacked it in.
I can't make my mind up as to what the deciding factor was in packing the job in.
It was either :
a) A sh*te job
b) Me, being a lazy b*stard

Answers on a postcard please, but don't disturb me before noon, as I'll be in bed.