Discussions on life after your bankruptcy discharge.

Moderators: TalbotWoods, JaneClack

By Goldie
#218883 Hi peeps,

Hope you are all well.

Just checked my IPA paperwork. First payment was 1st Nov 2006 so 36 monthly payments works out to be the last payment is 1st Oct 2009. Yet Moonpig!!! .... have taken a payment out on 1st Nov this month.

Have I got my calculations wrong, 36 monthly payments means the last payment should have been 1st Oct surely?

In which case Moonpig have had an extra month off me! Grrrrrrrrrrr. I shall 'phone them tomorrow. Has anyone else experienced a similar problem? I hope they are going to refund this money!!!!

Cheers all
By Red Devil
#218891 Were you paying by standing order? If so you will need to cancel it with your bank as it's the bank that pay it, not MB taking it from your account.

BTW I agree with your workings out - the last payment should have been October.

Congratulations on getting to the end.
By Goldie
#218894 Thanks for your reply. Yes is a standing order at the bank and when I set it up, I was probably all stressed and not knowing what I was doing!!!...so I think I set the standing order to finish in Dec 2009. Better had go and cancel that right now!! I had no idea they would just keep taking it. I hope they will refund this months payment they have taken!

Will report back!
By Iphigenia
#218904 Moonbeever will prob be ok - I had nearly the same situation, although I'd set mine up as a DD/SO (can't remember which now) with a date for the last payment.
They wrote to me asking for payment 37 but when I rang and told them they were wrong, they instantly checked, believed, apologized and wrote a letter confirming my account was zero.

Good luck!
By Goldie
#218917 Well I rang Moon Beever and explained, the lady I spoke to checked my account and agreed that yes an extra payment had been taken, so she said that would be refunded in the next 10 working days. No fuss and no hassle. Hoorah! :D
By Red Devil
#218983 Glad it's sorted x