Discussions on life after your bankruptcy discharge.

Moderators: TalbotWoods, JaneClack

By Stephen
#89024 Having read through most of the 17 pages of the After Board, I am fully aware that the whole "Sorting out your CR" is a minefield - eek!

I wanted to ask a quick question not so much about "what to do" to sort it out, but more about "what end product" are we heading for?

Now, I've only got an Equifax report (which I got at the time of my Bankruptcy), and have now ordered all 3 as I've just been discharged. I suppose they will all differ in the way they display the information, but I assume (dangerous!) the different reports will hold basically the same information.

Now. To the question. Based on the Equifax report format, this is what you get:

BIG NASTY BANK LTD - Credit Card MR STEPHEN
Terms 0 @ £0 Monthly
Balances Limit £0
Start £0
Current £999999
Default £999999
Effective Dates Start 01/01/2006
Default 01/05/2006
End 01/05/2006
Birth 01/01/1970
Monthly Status D3210000.NNNN0000001000000 etc etc.

(Yep -dates and amount made up of course)!

Assuming that the date they have as DEFAULT is correct, we ask them to mark it "SATISFIED" or whatever. If they do that (therefore the S on theMonthly list) is that it??

I know that sounds silly, but I lose track a bit of what SHOULD be showing! Once marked as "SATISFIED" will the monthly list get shorter and shorter just leaving the S on the end? Or will the Monthly list disappear? Or will there be a growing list of SSSSSSSSs?

(I am guessing it is none of the above as I have found a very old storecard on the list which was paid up and closed (in 2004) showing S000000 etc. )

So the Date thing the VITAL bit, to ensure that 6yrs hence it will disappear? Does the monthly/amounts/start date etc. bits not matter so much?

I think I may have answered my own question!!
:shock:
By TalbotWoods
#89028 OK Smarty pants you have!

What you end up with should look like this:

BIG NASTY BANK LTD - Credit Card MR STEPHEN
Terms 0 @ £0 Monthly
Balances Limit £0
Start £0
Current £00000
Default £999999
Effective Dates Start 01/01/2006
Default 01/05/2006
End 01/05/2006
Birth 01/01/1970
Monthly Status SD3210000.NNNN0000001000000 etc etc

They will then stop reporting to the CRF, and he list wil get shorter.

Tim
By Stephen
#89033 Thanks Tim,

Damn - wasted all that time typing that load of stuff in... grrrr....

Anyway, thanks for doing the same in return anyhow!

So, lovely loads of entries with the correct default date, and just one lonesome little S is what we're after about 3 years down the road....

Bloody hell - it's gonna take ages sorting all this out! :roll:

(You're up late?!)
By Mel_Odious
#89039 Thought I'd check my Equifax online since I sent them a mile long list of errors. They've thinned it down a lot. Have removed HFC that had me defaulting in 05 when it should've been 02. Have now added my bankruptcy and entered a NOC to a few entries, so getting there (Again!)

Mel