Discussions on life after your bankruptcy discharge.

Moderators: TalbotWoods, JaneClack

ByMisterB
#88960 This might be a naive question, but why do people make sure there CRF's are accurate post BR?
Doesn't everything fall off after 6 years anyway?
I'm not intending to go for credit ever again in my life, can I save myself a load of work, or is it a matter of satisfaction that everything looks pretty again?
Bysurvival
#88962 THe reason to tidy up you file is so that you can get on your life, Your CR can effect every day parts of life such as renting, bank accounts, job references etc etc. The sad thing is in this day and age most people need some sort of credit.

This can include, mobiles, utillites etc.
ByTalbotWoods
#88965 Another reson is that some plonkers (Oppps I mean crediotrs) stick defaul notices on upto 2 years after your bankruptcy, sn some just keep reporting you as ebing 6 months or maore late paying.

If you dont sort these sooner rather than later, they can mess up yrou CRF for 8+ years!!!

Tim
ByMel_Odious
#88966 The main reason is that creditors will almost certainly have default dates wrong. If they show default dates later than the BO date, they will still be on your CRF after the bankruptcy falls off.

Mel
ByMisterB
#88969 I hadn't even considered renting might be a problem.

Oops, planning on moving next year so I better get sorted as soon as I get the discharge.

I take it theres no point in getting copies before discharge?

Thanks for the replies.
Bybernieflint
MisterB wrote:I hadn't even considered renting might be a problem.

Oops, planning on moving next year so I better get sorted as soon as I get the discharge.

I take it theres no point in getting copies before discharge?

Thanks for the replies.
Imo It is worth getting copies before you get discharged.I got a copy of mine this week and I'm not discharged yet. I'm glad I did as I found Egg were recording a wrong default date against me.I've already written of to them to get the problem sorted.The way I look at it,the more I do now the less I have to do later.