Issues and questions that come up during your bankruptcy period

Moderators: TalbotWoods, JaneClack

Byjimbob99
#201560 Hi Folks,

I applied for my Cash Minder account the day I went bankrupt, it has been a couple of weeks and I've received a confirmation that my account is now open.

Just thought I'd let you know in case people wondered how long it was taking.

J.
Bytootie
#201573 Hi Jimbob99

Glad to hear you were successful with the cashminder.

I went on to the website and found the number to ring them the day after BR. It took about 15 minutes on the phone with an extremely helpful and cheerful (nice change) lad who then submitted my request there and then on his computer.

I am pleased to say that I was accepted straight away even without any additional ID and he told me that my paperwork would be with me next Monday but that the account was ready to go immediately!! :lol:

I even got my account number at the same time, so sometimes it is worth trying the phone route before schlepping into town!!

Hope this helps

:lol:
Bycheekyeeyore
#201591 Same here - went in the next day to my local branch - saw a lovely lady that just winked & said 'i guessed that' when i told her about the bankrupcy :shock: wanted no extra ID or anything & referred it to head office for approval :)

All approved 2 days later ......... got given my account no & sort code then & there, then paperwork arrived a day or so later ....... only problem is, the very helpful woman i saw in branch had managed to spell my surname wrong !!! :?
And managed ANOTHER variation when taking my email address ! :roll:
Rang co-op straight away - they think they can change it with no issues ...... fingers x'd !!!! I get paid next week !!! :shock: x
ByScrooge
#201929 Co-op are pretty quick at opening Cashminder Accounts and they show virtually no interest in whether you're bankrupt or not! :D