Something missing on this Forum or any burning suggestions? Let us know.

Moderators: TalbotWoods, JaneClack

Byandypip
#31501 Think it would be kind of fun if we named and shamed a few of our lender friends and shared some of the antics that they (or their agents) get up to - bit worried though that we don't get done for slander/libel, what do peeps think?
ByMel_Odious
andypip wrote:Think it would be kind of fun if we named and shamed a few of our lender friends and shared some of the antics that they (or their agents) get up to - bit worried though that we don't get done for slander/libel, what do peeps think?

Your worry is indeed a concern as one DCA (Debt Collection Agency) succeeded once in having a similar Forum closed down by complaining and threatening to sue the Hosting Company, so yes indeedy one has to be careful.

Mel
Last edited by Mel_Odious on Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Byandypip
#31667 Oh dear, I know that DCA and they have one of my debts that been proven in my IVA - let's see what happens next.

I also have had great fun with another that shares its initials with a large furniture firm - they are fantastic people to mess with!
ByFeux Verts
#31677 I don't see a problem in naming and shaming as long as it's accurate. Can't be libelous if it's the truth.
ByMel_Odious
Feux Verts wrote:I don't see a problem in naming and shaming as long as it's accurate. Can't be libelous if it's the truth.

See the sound sense from Nicky below.
Mel
Last edited by Mel_Odious on Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ByNicky
#31691 At the end of the day, the forum is here to help people in debt, not to name and shame creditors, different people have different things to say about creditors and not all are bad experiences.

There is nothing wrong with talking about individual circumstances, but we will not put up a creditors name to with the focus to concentrate on shaming them, this not only gives the forum an appearance of being bitter towards creditors, but it will also do no good for people who need to deal with any creditors mentioned.

So, the forum will not participate in naming and shaming creditors.
BySonic
#31693 I agree with Nicky.

Whilst it's only fair that anyone who's had a bad experience with a creditor mentions that creditor in their post (for the purpose of warning others and sharing the experience), to have a specific 'name and shame' section would be going a bit OTT, and could give the impression that we're here soley to **** off creditors.

Anyway, the really bad ones don't even need a 'name and shame' section - numerous posts about them say it all, and one I can think of even have websites devoted to them!

S xxx
Byscottishdebtor
Feux Verts wrote:I don't see a problem in naming and shaming as long as it's accurate. Can't be libelous if it's the truth.

Could be expensive if you have to prove your accusations even if correct.

Better to offer advice than become a playground where arguments abound.
BySassy&Sorted
#31717 I agree with Nicky as well, after all, we all know WHO they are dont we? And could they ever be shamed??
ByChip Hazard

YES we could Sassy!! :wink:
Bysteveo
Nicky wrote:So, the forum will not participate in naming and shaming creditors.

unless its Yes Car Credit of course ;)
Byandypip
So, the forum will not participate in naming and shaming creditors.

See, that's why you're a Moderator Nicky!! I absolutely see your point.