Example Plans (IVA)
An Individual Voluntary Arrangement (IVA) is a debt solution that has enabled a wide range of people to not only avoid bankruptcy, but to clear their unsecured debts altogether. PayPlan have helped tens of thousands of people in this way over the years – and the case studies below show how we’ve effectively dealt with all kinds of personal debt problems.
Individual Voluntary Arrangement
An IVA is a debt solution that is based on what a person can reasonably afford to regularly pay to their unsecured creditors. It is, therefore, an affordable and sustainable debt solution that can help you get out of debt.
With an IVA, most people make their affordable payment for a set period (usually five years) and, after successful completion of their arrangement, whatever unsecured debt remains must be written off by creditors.
Most people who successfully complete their IVA will repay only a fraction of their total unsecured debt.
IVA Case Studies
Click on the links below to see exactly how PayPlan have helped people in all kinds of different circumstances, by arranging an IVA that enabled them to clear all their unsecured debts.
Home & property
- Tenant in rented accommodation
- Homeowner with mortgage
- Significant equity in your home
- Full and final settlement (house sale)
- Full and final settlement (remortgage)
- ‘Part-time’ landlord
- Professional landlord
- Self-employed and part-time landlord
Business & commerce
- Self-employed sole trader
- Self-employed (trade supplier prioritising)
- Partnership (with interlocking IVAs)
- Partnership (without interlocking IVAs)
- Director of one limited company
- Director of multiple limited companies (with buy-to-let property)
Legal & court
Budget & payments
- On benefits
- 6-year IVA payment period
- Payment break
- Full repayment in IVA
- Third party provides monthly surplus
- Full and final settlement
- Full and final settlement (by 3rd party)
- Short-term arrangement
- Short-term arrangement (then lump sum payment)
Personal & family
- Family with joint debts
- Switched from DMP
- Switched from DMP (due to legal action)
- Switched from DMP (due to change in circumstances)
- Foster carer
Think an IVA could be for you?
With an IVA your creditors:
- agree to one affordable regular payment
- freeze interest and charges
- stop contacting you with payment demands
Contact our Helpline on 0800 280 2816 NOW or avoid any phone queues and request a callback
Please note that while an IVA can be an effective debt solution, failure to keep to the terms of an IVA may result in your creditors taking further legal action against you. Read more about the pros and cons of an IVA.