Table of Contents
It’s the Easter holidays and if you’re already stuck for ideas on how to keep your children entertained without breaking the bank, then look no further.
We asked groups of local schoolchildren to give us their best ideas on what they like to do without even leaving the house.
- Family spa day using products you already have.
- Picnic in your garden.
Emily, Lucy, Maddie and Becky, Allington and Sedgebrook School.
- Cloud watching
- Star gazing
- Make paper planes
Cameron and Jack, Allington and Sedgebrook School.
- Garage sale
- Take the time to read a book.
- If the weather is good, get the paddling pool out.
Holly, Charlie and Tabitha. Claypole C of E School.
- Family bake off
- Arts and crafts day
- Treasure hunt around the garden
- Write a play and act it out.
Daniel, Freya and Thomas. Claypole C of E School.
If you do want to head out, they’ve also got plenty of ideas that you can do without spending much.
- National Trust membership
- Bike ride
Poppy, Millie, Darcie and Pippa. Allington and Sedgebrook School.
- Set off into a wooded area and collect sticks and anything you can to make a fort or a tent. If there two or three of you, have a competition to see who makes the best one.
- Look online for deals to make days out cheaper – but take a picnic and lots of drinks to keep the cost down.
Jack and Luke. Allington and Sedgebrook School.
- Build a den
- Visit a museum
- Create a picture made out of nature i.e. sticks, pine cones etc.
Harvey, Daniel and Sam. Claypole C of E School.
We’d love to hear how you are spending the holidays. Do you have a top tip for a cheap day out or do you prefer to stay in?