At PayPlan we want to provide a positive website experience for visitors to the PayPlan and PayPlan Plus websites so that our online services are easy to use, helpful and reliable.
In order to facilitate this we use an extremely common internet marketing technique that involves placing small amounts of information on your computer’s hard drive (or mobile phone or other device) by the server that hosts the PayPlan and PayPlan Plus websites. These small amounts of information are text files called cookies.
Cookies are small files which are stored on your device when browsing websites. When you visit our website temporary data about your visit is stored. This information helps us to better understand how our site is used, including the number of visitors we have, the pages viewed per session and the time spent on pages. This in turn helps us to provide you with a better experience, since we can evaluate the level of interest in the content of our website and tailor it accordingly.
The following data is collected and stored by PayPlan until deletion:
- IP address of the accessing computer/device
- date, time and duration of your visit
- name and URL of the accessed pages
- identification data of the browser and operating system used
- website from which the data was accessed
- name of your internet service provider
The nature and content of the information collected via cookies differs, as does the period for which this information is retained. In line with our data protection obligations, we will ensure that this retention period is not excessive, and that the data is only retained for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected.
PayPlan uses different types of cookies to help improve your online experience, these include:
- Website usability and functionality: cookies allow you to move around the different pages of the websites without retyping in any previously typed information. They also help us to guarantee your security or predict how our website will perform during your visit.
- Website analytics: allow us to note which pages of the websites you visit and how you browse. This allows us to know how many people visit our website and see which pages are visited, as well as log any page errors you experience. These cookies do not collect any personal information that could identify any individual visitor to our websites.
- Website analytics: are linked to third parties such as Twitter, Facebook and Google, and when a link is clicked, they may later be used by those organisations to pass information about your browsing to other marketing agencies. As a result, these agencies may place adverts that you may be of interest to you when you visit other websites.
Should you also wish to opt out of Google Analytics tracking across all websites please visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout