Join in the chat
Post a Reply | Back to Forum
Default Notice Served under Section 87(1) - Steve Robinson 2018-12-11 00:15:33
Hello,

I am currently in the process of switching current accounts. My new bank are arranging for all of my direct debits and standing orders to be moved over.

I have an account for my car insurance with 1st Premimum Credit and have checked and can see my payment due on 3rd Dec has left my old bank account and a new Direct Debit mandate for the payment due early Jan 2019 is showing as set up with my new bank.

I received an email this evening titled ‘Default notice served under Section 87 (1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974’

I have an excellent credit rating and pay all my bills on time. I am also in the middle of remortgaging my home and am really concerned I will now have something adverse on my credit file for 6 years.

Or am I panicking and will that only happen if I fail to respond by the end of the 14 day period they have given me to contact them (I plan to ring first thing in the morning)

I suspect this has occurred because their systems believe I have just cancelled the live direct debit mandate. Again I have not missed any of my monthly payments.

Hope someone can help.

Replies

Re: Default Notice Served under Section 87(1) - Jane 2018-12-11 09:06:01
No - if the payment has gone out it you are OK. Just give them a call and explain what has happened and ask why a default notice has been sent when payments were made.

Name*

Email

Confirm Email

Message*