Join in the chat
Post a Reply | Back to Forum
Ccj - MissC 2018-10-22 11:53:17
A CCJ was entered against me 4 years ago at an old address, without my knowledge. I have just received a letter from a solicitor chasing payment. What is the best course of action? I could set up a payment plan but does this mean by acknowledging the debt the ccj will stay active until the debt is satisfied or will it still drop off my file in two years?

Replies

Re: Ccj - Jane 2018-10-23 12:49:04
Hello
As a CCJ has been registered the debt will always be active. The fact that the information went to an old address is OK if they were not aware of your new address. They have to send to the last address they have. It will drop off your file in two years but they could ask for it to be reinstated claiming that they did not know your new address so were not able to enforce the CCJ. They have probably traced you through the new address on your credit file now.

If you have other debts it would be a good idea to give a free debt advisory company such as Payplan ourselves on 0800 2802816 where a trained adviser can look at your circumstances holistically.

Name*

Email

Confirm Email

Message*