Issues and questions that come up during your bankruptcy period

Moderators: TalbotWoods, JaneClack

By Ange
#62183 Spoke to Clarke Wilmott on the phone this morning regarding the bounced standing order for my IPA and they couldn't have been nicer.

Basically, he says that he's not received an updated IPOQ from the OR (which I sent out my first week into starting this job), so as my circumstances have changed dramatically he wants me to put this in writing as soon as possible, so that if the IPA needs to be dropped then it can be done before the next installment comes out of the bank.

He was also happy enough for me to ask a friend to send a cheque for the amount that bounced and I give them the money.

So, all in all - good.

NMH
xxx
By Deus
#62185 good news!! :D
By Iphigenia
#62211 Great news. It really does seem that 'the system' is very understanding of people's circumstances.

I know, believe me, about the more negative consequences of bankruptcy but dealing with OR's and IPA collectors seems so much more human than trying to work with creditors on a DMP or IVA.
By Dave
#62244 I have spoken with Clarke Willmott a couple of times and I too have found them to be really helpful and polite.
Glad you got it sorted nmh.

Dave
ByVanilla_sky
#62246 Good news NMH :-)

You can sleep tonight

x
By merrymouse
#62302 Very pleased for you NMH.... weight off your shoulders?

Hang in there, girl.....with the job and life and everything...don't despair....exterminate!!
By Confused 2
#62309 No doubt I will have to deal with them soon! I am waiting for the information to come through from the insolvency service about my tax code changing and then its them I deal with.

I have dealt with them before on behalf of someone else and they were lovely - Big thumbs up to Clarke Wilmot! :D
By Ange
merrymouse wrote:Very pleased for you NMH.... weight off your shoulders?

Hang in there, girl.....with the job and life and everything...don't despair....exterminate!!

Lol MM!!

Exterminate is probably mild to what I'd like to do to some people at the moment!!

NMH
xxx
By merrymouse
Nomoneyhoney wrote:Exterminate is probably mild to what I'd like to do to some people at the moment!!NMH
xxx

Hope that doesn't include any of us here!! Never mind, honey...Doctor Who tonight!!!

Great ... qualifying which was so...exciting I fell asleep through it ... and oh WOW Doctor Who tonight.....I sincerely hope that it's not Water Margin day as well...or I might as well sleep for the rest of the day!

Take care, all!

xx
By Ange
#62473 Hey MM,

No - won't be exterminating any of you guys.

I've only just watched Doctor Who now at Dads on BBC3 - how good was that!!!

I've got a real thing about masks and 18th century type costumes, so it was a real good one for me tonight.

I've also got a real thing for David Tennant, just a shame his girlfriend is the character Reinette :D

NMH
xxx
By Iphigenia
#62478 Oh I didn't realize that but they did seem quite keen, little acting there!

I don't normally watch but this was great, thoroughly enjoyed scifi meddling with history!

DT - a bit on the skinny side for me but would do in a pinch.....
By Ange
#62483 I know - I mean that snog - how could they?? I was soooo jealous!!

Yeah, I think DT would need to meaten up a little bit.

I must admit, when Chris Eccleston gave up being Doctor, I was gutted - but I think DT is a fine replacement.

*Would someone please tell my hormones to shut up*

NMH
xxx