Questions and Info relating to Property Issues inc, Charging Orders and Repossession

Moderators: TalbotWoods, JaneClack

User avatar
By TalbotWoods
#471960 Hi and welcome

Unfortunately the outstanding amount is still owed.

When they obtained the CCJ that was just one level or enforcement.
They then obtained the Charge that was only possible because of the CCJ, and was an additional level of enforcement.

Now the Charge has gone, it means the CCJ remains, as the Charge was based on the CCJ and not the other way around (and could not be).

This means that the owner of the CCJ (which from what you have said is Drydens) can still go for the remaining balance.

As you situation is that you are unemployed and the fact Drydens lifted the Charge to prevent repossession by allowing the say, it would be prudent to talk to them and find out if they will take a very low monthly offer (maybe £1 - £5 a month) for the time being. You could also cheekily ask if they would consider writing the debt off (it does happen!)

Also on a very serious side note, if you have other debts as well, then I would suggest contacting one the following who can offer free and confidential help

The Money Advice Service: Free & impartial money advice, set up by government that aims to signpost you to appropriate organisations that may be able to help you. You can contact them on 0300 500 5000

PayPlan: Is a national organisation with approaching 20 years of experience in dealing with all kinds of financial situations, no matter how bad they are.
Their advice and help starts with a simple phone call to 0800 280 2816

NDL: Is an organisation that advises you on solutions that are available to you, you can contact them on 0808 808 4000

StepChange (formerly CCCS) Is an organisation that advises you on available solutions with your financial problems. You can contact them on 0800 138 1111

Remember this forum is where you can still ask questions, where you talk to people who have been through financial problems themselves.