Welcome to the new Debt Questions forum. Feel free to say Hi and tell us a little about yourself.

Moderators: TalbotWoods, JaneClack

By Hello
#460763 I had to leave work due to severe depression, I contacted the catalogue to work out a payment, they told me as I have ppi (that i never signed up for) to go thru them, it's been one battle to another to get them to sort it out, they have requested medical records but as I changed doctors they didn't get all the info they wanted. I tried to chase it up but had lots of personal issues that's its just fell to the side.

As its a new year and I want a fresh start I need to sort out these red letters.
I don't feel confident calling them as I haven't any money to pay them but I need to sort it out as soon as possible.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to approach this?

Thanks in advance
User avatar
By TalbotWoods
#460803 Hi and Welcome

OK first bits first, if you dont have the money to pay them, they cant get the money out of you!

What you need to do is think about if you have assets, such as do you own property. If not then you are in a stronger position.

Form what you are saying it is a case that your purchase payment is refusing to pay out, because they need more paperwork.

If this is the case, at this stage WRITE to the PPI company and ask them to state in writing what they need, and to confirm why in writing why they are refusing to beleive you current doctors, consultants. Tell them that you want this information as you need it to find out exactly why they are refusing and depending on their reply you may refer this to attribution.

I woudl also suggest you WRITE to the catalogues, informing that you are still waiting for the PPI folk to deal with this, but in the mean time you are willing to offer £1 per month, as this is all you can afford.

I know you feel that you dont want to deal with this, but it is something that you need to chase up.

I would also suggest talking to your local CAB as well.