Information to help you deal with your CRF's

Moderators: TalbotWoods, JaneClack

Byregrets
#189948 I was wondering if you could help. I have a few negative entries on my credit file and am looking to improve by score, obviously i am making regular payments etc, but i was wondering, I have one ccj and one default, but neither are settled, I can now afford to pay them both off. Once they are showing as Satisfied, does it improve your score slightly even though they will still show on your report?? Does the fact that they are satisfied help?

Also, I have my reports of Experian and Equifax, should I be looking anywhere else, as there does seem to be one credit card debt I am paying that is not showing up on either reports??
ByYogi Bear
#189949 Yes - if you are in a position to pay them off, then satisfied CCJs and defaults are less damning than unsatisfied ones. The Court fee for registering a CCJ as satisfied is currently £15. The CCJ and default will remain on your file for six years from the date they were originally registered, by the way, not the date they were satisfied.

The third agency is Callcredit, although it's the least-used of the three, and it may just be that the account in question was never shown on your file: not all lenders put all their accounts on.
Byregrets
#189950 Well that is quite good news that it is from the date of issue rather than the satisfaction date!! I have experian and equifax, so I might just stick with those for now. Do you think my score would go up slightly then? I am to pay off the bad debt this month and then just make regular ON-TIME payments and really get this mess cleared up!
My score on equifax is showing at 295 at the moment, I am assuming that is pretty much the lowest you can get, so surely the only way is up!!!

:-)
ByYogi Bear
#189951 Well, if you pay off the bad debts, and make regular payments on time, then yes - over a period of time your overall credit rating will improve. But don't get too hung-up on this "credit score" figure: Equifax make an awful lot of money out of telling people what their credit score is, and the reality is that different lenders attach different significance to things like how many accounts you have, how old they are, how much you owe in total, how far behind you are with the payments, how long you've lived at your present address ... and so on. :?