Welcome to the new Debt Questions forum. Feel free to say Hi and tell us a little about yourself.

Moderators: TalbotWoods, JaneClack

By bbauer
#336 Is this forum and it's posts UK related only or are they also US related?

If it's purpose and thrust is UK only orientated then I need to take a back seat and do an awful lot of learning. That is why I ask.
By Nicky
#337 The forum is for anyone anywhere, but the vast majority of people asking questions here is related to UK debt.

Questions regarding debt in other countries is fine if there are people from the relevant countries around to answer the questions. :wink:
By bbauer
#343 [quote="Nicky"]The forum is for anyone anywhere, but the vast majority of people asking questions here is related to UK debt.

Questions regarding debt in other countries is fine if there are people from the relevant countries around to answer the questions. :wink:[/quote]

Well, here is my situation. I am expert in U.S. matters and somewhat knowledgeable on Canadian matters but I know nothing about UK problems or how to resolve them. I do want to learn both Canadian and UK law on consumer protection issues so of course I can learn about those by lurking around and just reading the posts. Over time I would learn quite a bit.

But in the process I can give an extreme amount of help to US based readers.

Maybe it woud be helpful to have separate forums for each country in order to keep down confusion????
By Nicky
#344 Good Idea! I guess debt related questions from other countries was not something considered because laws vary so much, even Scottish debt laws are different to English debt laws.

However, as you have put it forward, I will create a forum specific for US debt, and look forward to learning from you the differences in the laws. :)