Welcome to the new Debt Questions forum. Feel free to say Hi and tell us a little about yourself.

Moderators: TalbotWoods, JaneClack

Byrobwalsall
#264413 Hi,

My names Rob, live in Walsall, W.Mids. Aged 22, 2 children, full time job.

I've got into a little debt problem where I am spending 200-300 per month more than what I currently have so am in the process of dealing with PayPlan, waiting for a call back tonight.

I know I'm not in as much debt as others, but being 22 it really is quite scary, look forward to reading others posts, to see where I can help myself.

Thanks
Byroyston
robwalsall wrote:Hi,

My names Rob, live in Walsall, W.Mids. Aged 22, 2 children, full time job.

I've got into a little debt problem where I am spending 200-300 per month more than what I currently have so am in the process of dealing with PayPlan, waiting for a call back tonight.

I know I'm not in as much debt as others, but being 22 it really is quite scary, look forward to reading others posts, to see where I can help myself.

Thanks

Hi Rob - Welcome to the forum.

You'll find lots of help and advice on here. When I first joined 3 years ago it really helped me a lot, as I learnt a great deal from others who were in a similar position.

When you the take first steps it is scary, but it does get better once you start your Debt Management Plan, although in the early days you will receive letters from your creditors. After a while though it will settle down once you are making regular payments.

I'm with PayPlan as well and you have done the right thing by taking the first step.

If you have any questions just post on the relevant section and I'm sure forum members will help clarify any problem or query you might have.

Good Luck! :)
Byrobwalsall
royston wrote:Hi Rob - Welcome to the forum.

You'll find lots of help and advice on here. When I first joined 3 years ago it really helped me a lot, as I learnt a great deal from others who were in a similar position.

When you the take first steps it is scary, but it does get better once you start your Debt Management Plan, although in the early days you will receive letters from your creditors. After a while though it will settle down once you are making regular payments.

I'm with PayPlan as well and you have done the right thing by taking the first step.

If you have any questions just post on the relevant section and I'm sure forum members will help clarify any problem or query you might have.

Cheers, thanks. I look forward to many posts on here, and to reading many too. I would say I'm pretty lucky (if you can be lucky with debt) in that I only have 1 creditor so it's a lot simpler than what it might have been!
Byroyston
robwalsall wrote:
royston wrote:Hi Rob - Welcome to the forum.

Cheers, thanks. I look forward to many posts on here, and to reading many too. I would say I'm pretty lucky (if you can be lucky with debt) in that I only have 1 creditor so it's a lot simpler than what it might have been!

Lucky you! There are quite a few of us on here that wouldn't mind being in that position.
ByJaneClack
#264583 If you only have one creditor then it will depend on who the creditor is as to whether Payplan can help with a debt management plan - there are some creditors who agree to this if there is a credit card and loan/overdraft to them but not all by any means. The line from creditors usually is that if there is only one then no negotiation is necessary!
Byrobwalsall
Sarah wrote:If you only have one creditor then it will depend on who the creditor is as to whether Payplan can help with a debt management plan - there are some creditors who agree to this if there is a credit card and loan/overdraft to them but not all by any means. The line from creditors usually is that if there is only one then no negotiation is necessary!

Well I have dealt with Payplan and they are sending letter out for me to confirm I am happy to go ahead with plan and for them to deal with my affairs. I have OD with Lloyds TSB, and a £15000 via Lloyds TSB (under the name Loans Direct)