Welcome to the new Debt Questions forum. Feel free to say Hi and tell us a little about yourself.

Moderators: TalbotWoods, JaneClack

By longtobefree
#459053 Hi again, just spoke to case officer and have been advised that I can reduce my payments. So paying £50 a month now towards DMP. My case officer said that after reviewing my budget it would be acceptable. I am going to pay that towards the mortgage arrears so that will be good. Hoping the house does well but my case officer says just in case in does not , at least my payment plan is real and the arrears should go down,
By nomlas
#459163 Very pleased for you Penny, I am sure that all will be fine.

Interest rates can only go up, maybe not in the near future but eventually they will, so i am sure you are doing the right thing.

Keep in touch, plenty of advice on here. best wishes. -- nomlas
By longtobefree
#470133 Hello again, just thought I would provide a update. Some good news finally offer on my property which will leave me with £51,000 ! Due to the price increase I had a higher offer than anticipated. All being well I need to find somewhere to live. A girl at work said because I am on a dmp with so many debts I will not be able to rent as this will show up on a credit search. I have no ccj but defaults and this debt management plan . Really worried now and I will obviously need somewhere to live with the children . Is this true can any one advise me please I would be grateful . Thanks again penny with the money I plan to make ff offers through payplan to repay the debts any thoughts on how much I will have left ?
By JaneClack
#470143 I would get my rental property first!

Despite what the lady at work said people with DMPs, IVAs and even undischarged bankrupts manage to rent. It may take some looking but of course you will have enough for a deposit and a month's rent upfront before you even think about making full and final offers...!

After all once you are in your rented accommodation you are in pole position and can offer a short settlement to your creditors (aka full and finals). I am not being stupid and saying spend as much as you can but get your accommodation sorted before you even let anyone know!!
By longtobefree
#470343 Hi again thanks for your reply . What I was concerned about was that apparently letting agency do credit checks on you. I do not have any ccj , but I do have defaults and it am in the dmp. Dies that mean I would fail the letting agents credit checks? Thanks again . I am feeling very worried at the moment because I do not know if we will be able to have anywhere to live. Please help
By JaneClack
#470383 Defaults should not be a problem. Of course you will have somewhere to live - private rentals are often in the local newspaper so you could look at those too. Your credit file is generally checked for fraud etc and you will have a deposit and if rental is cheaper than mortgage then it is even better as you would have no debt and probably more money available.

Try looking now.