Debt Questions forum. General questions on debt issues.

Moderators: TalbotWoods, JaneClack

By OneIslandPhotography
#318123 I had a CCJ issued against me for a personal debt. A debt that has since been paid in full via Bankers Draft. However, the claimant is refusing to let the court know in writing that the debt has been satisfied. I am loosing business because of this, could anyone let me know where I stand legally with this please?
Is there anything I can do to force the claimant to tell the court in writing that the debt has been paid.
User avatar
By JaneClack
#318153 You should send the court proof that you have paid this debt - if it is under 1 month since the judgment then it would be removed from your credit file - if longer, whether paid in full or not, the judgment remains on your credit file - but will also show it has been paid.