Debt Questions forum. General questions on debt issues.

Moderators: TalbotWoods, JaneClack

Byroyston
#434783 I feel so disheartened this weekend. I have been repaying my debts through PayPlan for the past five and a half years and now only have a year of repayment left. Of course there is no doubt that at the end of my plan there will still be interest and charges that have to be paid to some of my creditors, some may waive these, but others won't.

I'm self employed and have had sufficient work to enable me to keep on paying a good amount off my DMP each month. As I'm now in my late 60's the thought of my DMP dragging on longer than planned was the last thing I wanted. Unfortunately, I have just found out that a Company I was doing work for, for over 8 years no longer require my services due to policy changes. This means that my available money to repay my debts will effectively be cut in half every month and will extend the repayment time to a further year. At my age this makes me feel very precarious and it's very worrying.

I have had very little problems with my creditors over the years since my DMP started - apart from the usual couple who make life difficult for most people in my position. I don't need to name names as I'm sure you know who I mean if you have had the misfortune to deal with them. I now have a absolute dread of having to put up with phone calls and letters once my payments to them are halved each month.

Even though this problem is not my fault, it makes all my hard efforts to repay my debts seem hopeless at the moment, as I feel to certain exent back to square one. To have repaid off as much as I have and to have by comparison so little left to repay is very depressing when something like this happens.
ByJaneClack
#434853 I can understand -- working hard to repay your debts and then getting this whammy is not pleasant. I am at the Unison national disabled members conference with limited accessibility to this but am coming home tomorrow and will pm you!
Byroyston
Sarah wrote:I can understand -- working hard to repay your debts and then getting this whammy is not pleasant. I am at the Unison national disabled members conference with limited accessibility to this but am coming home tomorrow and will pm you!

Thank you Sarah. That will be appreciated.