Questions you have before making a decision to go Bankrupt and the Bankruptcy process

Moderators: TalbotWoods, JaneClack

By JohnDoe
#4290 Another question :D

I live with my parents, when I went to sign on the chocolate roll, they said as I lived with parents, it's not like renting a room or property, and so I wasn't entitled to any sort of housing benefit, wether I payed them anything was inmaterial.
Now I do/did/will again now I'm earning start paying them rent/housekeeping, will the OR reconise this as an expense??

Sorry for the bombardment of questions, but I can now see the light at the end of the tunnel and want to be fully prepared.

Funny how you can feel happy,sad, scared, excited all in one :shock:
By JaneClack
#4295 Of course he will accept it. If you are paying you will have to provide proof - that could be a letter from your parents saying how much you spend. How is he to know whether your parents are millionnaires and can afford to let you live there or need help with managing their bills themselves. Adults eat you know! It is the cheapest place to live but it does cost your parent so anything up to about 25% or 30% of your takehome would seem logical for rent and board!

However, I thought you were in lodgings anyway or have I mixed you up with someone else?
By JohnDoe
#4296 You've got me mixed up with someone else Sarah.

Thanks for the answer, I thought it would be that, but with the social not accepting the fact, I thought the OR might not aswell.

Thank you again.
By JaneClack
#4301 Sorry - it's been that kind of week!

You are not alone you know....